- Although I am "traditionally built", in the mold of Mma Precious Ramotswe, I don't particularly have a sweet tooth. A pan of brownies is perfectly safe with me. Now a pan of lasagna -- that's another matter.
- I am quite extraverted, warm-mannered and sociable. However, I am not particularly gregarious -- by that I mean that I would rather be comfortable with one or two good friends at home than going from person to person at a big gathering.
- I like feather pillows that can be punched and molded at will. I prefer them two at a time. I often bring my own pillow with me when I travel, because those resilient foam pillows found in moderately priced hotels and many guest rooms of otherwise estimable hosts are products of the Prince of Darkness himself.
- I have never grown up enough to learn to like either coffee or tea. Regrettably, this leaves me with no winter beverage. (See Item #1 for a clue about how I feel towards hot cocoa.) Sometimes coffee shops serve hot cider, and I thank them. But this quirk leaves me in a dilemma -- how do I respond when someone asks me if I want to go out for coffee?
- I can't help seeing both sides of conflicts and controversies. This equips me to be even-tempered and a mediating influence, but it hampers me from coming down on one side of a hot issue if that's what's called for. My near and dear ones probably get tired of hearing, "Well, on the other hand . . ."
Who’s paying for this story?
15 hours ago