- Before you put the cat out, check to see whether you've got the one whose front claws are intact.
- Don't wait until your carpets and upholstery are irretrievably soiled before getting them cleaned.
- Roll your windows up, no matter how hot it is.
- Those shoes you're sure are broken in -- aren't.
- If you set the timer for something in the oven, stay within earshot of the timer.
- Time passes far more slowly for the elderly than it does for the young or middle-aged. If you say you'll call, they'll start anticipating it later that evening.
- Traffic signals are engineered to detect drivers who are late for work and teach them a gentle lesson.
- It is never worth going to the store on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
- It is never worth putting off Christmas shopping until December 23.
- When you're deciding what to do in an urgent situation, don't forget to ask yourself the question: "What's the worst thing that can happen if I do nothing right now?"
Who’s paying for this story?
15 hours ago